About EcoBrite Linen:
State of the art healthcare linen rental and laundry company servicing the healthcare industry. The facility is extremely high tech and utilizes the latest technologies. We are in the Chicago area and offer competitive pay. If you are looking to join an exciting team and are superstar material, this is a great opportunity.
What we offer:
- Competitive base salary
- Benefits including health, dental, vision and life insurance, holidays, vacation, sick time, and 401(k)
- Opportunity to work with brand new multi-million-dollar equipment
- Paid Training
Job Description: Responsible for the overall maintenance of all laundry equipment. This includes preventative and reactive maintenance for all production & supporting equipment.
- Install, inspect, repair and maintain the mechanical, electrical and other related systems in all production and supporting departments.
- Inspect, operate and maintain steam, heating, cooling, and water treatment systems in the entire plant.
- Responsible for on-time startup and/or shutdown of the facility.
- Maintain adequate and organized parts inventory and log all inventory items used.
- Determine material, parts, and equipment to be used for repair, installation and what is needed for stock inventory.
- Perform preventative maintenance per the schedule and as needed utilizing Company software platform and common industry practices.
- Organize and maintain maintenance tool room.
- Able to follow all OSHA and Company safety precautions at all times including but not limited to lock-out tag-out procedures.
- Minimum 3 years of industrial/commercial maintenance experience. (Required)
- Experience in OSHA and general safety guidelines to effectively follow instructions and train others.(Required)
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to read and troubleshoot electrical schematics.
- Must have basic hand tools – sockets, wrenches, screwdrivers, multimeter, etc.
- Must be able to safely operate scissor lift/forklift.
- Exposure to hazards including noise, rotating equipment, electricity, confined spaces, chemicals, steam under pressure, climbing, working in positions above and under equipment and working at heights in excess of four (4) feet.
- Pushing/pulling of laundry carts with weights of 400 lbs. is common with some cart weights exceeding 600 lbs. Safety toe shoes are required and other personal protective equipment may be required depending on work assignments.
- Requires constant walking throughout the service center, lifting and carrying of tools and equipment exceeding 50 pounds. Must be able to consistently bend, stoop, reach, climb and descend multiple stairs and/or stairwells.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
- Hours of operation mostly include Sunday through Thursday during suggested and agreed upon hours.
- Able to work 1st or 2nd shift.